In this article we discuss the benefits of installing a canopy on your shed and look at some recent project examples for ideas and inspiration. So, if you are considering whether a canopy would be a good option for your shed project, keep reading!
Benefits of Installing A Canopy
- As there are no columns on the outside of the canopy, wide gear can be driven in undercover for storage or maintenance without being folded up.
- Machinery repairs and maintenance can be carried out undercover and out of the weather.
- Provides extra protection from the prevailing weather, preventing weather damage to your hay or machinery.
- Provides quick and easy shelter for machinery in sudden inclement weather.
- Trucks can be loaded or unloaded under cover and out of the weather.
If you aren’t sure if you would find a canopy beneficial, provision for adding a canopy in the future can made when manufacturing your shed. Make mention of this to one our building consultants to ensure it is incorporated in the design stage.
Shed Project Examples
Here is a selection of projects with canopies for ideas and inspiration.
A 45m x 24m x 8.5m machinery workshop with 12m cantilevered canopy.
Location: Murtoa VIC
Features of this workshop shed build include the hi-bay lights suspended from the canopy, making it a useful addition – it can be used for shelter or repairs at any time. You can learn more about this project, here.
A 48m x 24m x 7.5m hay shed with 6m canopy.
Location: Brim VIC
A 68m x 24m x 7.5m machinery shed with 6m canopy.
Location: Wilkur VIC
The canopy on this shed is used for providing further protection for the machinery inside the shed. The canopy also allows longer machinery (such as a full-length B-Double) to be stored fully under cover when required.
A 56m x 36m x 9m hay shed with 12m canopy under construction, Brim VIC.
This hay shed, under contruction at Brim, has a bale capacity of 4,700 big squares and the canopy allows under cover loading and unloading.
Having an end wall clad means extra protection from the prevailing weather, if effective weather protection is a high priority for you it may be worth considering this option along with a canopy.
To view more project examples, check out our Latest Projects gallery which is kept updated with photos of the latest farm shed builds. If you have any questions about canopies or would like to discuss your shed project, call us on 1800 68 78 88.