Action Steel partnered with ProWay Livestock Equipment to deliver a state-of-the art shearing shed and yard cover facility for Salt Creek Merino Stud.
Located at Woorndoo VIC, the single gable complex consists of a 30m x 28m x 5.2m shearing shed and 34.5m x 28m x 4.2m covered yards.
Working in with ProWay, the Action team shared plans and ideas to ensure the fit out and yards fitted in seamlessly with the shed and yard cover. The end result was a project that prioritised operator safety and efficiency.
Here are some of our favourite photos of the completed project.
- The 6-stand curved, raised board allows easy access to the board for rouseabouts.
- Sky lighting in the gable and side wall captures the available natural light. Lighting over the board ensures it is always well lit.
- The grating area has a capacity to hold over 1,200 sheep (not including the catching pens).
- Wall vents provide good ventilation and airflow throughout the shed, helping to keep shearers, workers, and sheep comfortable.
- Sliding doors on one wall of the yard cover are a versatile addition – providing extra protection from the prevailing weather while also allowing easy access. The gable infill is a common option to help shelter the yards from the weather.
- Having covered yards adjoining the shearing shed helps the sheep stay dry before shearing and means less grating area is required – a yard cover is usually a more cost-effective option than grating.
View more projects like this in our featured projects gallery, and discuss your farm shed with one of our building consultants.