What Is The Current Certification Needed For My Shed?

 As outlined by the Victorian Building Authority, “the Building Regulations 2018 replace the Building Regulations 2006 and the Building Interim Regulations 2017…”

In the 2018 Building Regulations the “Forms of certificates of compliance” were updated.


About The Building Regulations Update

This meant that the certification previously required for a shed – REG 1507 (also called Cert 1507) – has been updated and replaced by REG 126.

This requires a certificate under Section 238 of the Building Act 1993 to be approved by the Authority.

Being Registered Builders, Action Steel can look after the council permit applications for you and supply the needed structural plans and computations, and REG 126 for your farm shed.


You Might Also Like

Will my shed be wind rated for my region?

What are the fire design requirements for farm sheds in Victoria?

How to apply temporary full expensing to your shed project

Share this article!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter


Receive our quality news updates & catalogue.